Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pollyanna Syndrome

My husband called my gratitude day "The Pollyanna Syndrome." I loved it. We all need more Pollyanna.

I complained that we don't see cardinals out here. Sorry if that seems trivial; I miss them. But we do see a lot of interesting birds, like the varied thrush.

I had to call American Express, and talked to India--outsourcing is one of my pet peeves. But I was grateful that the young man spoke perfect English, albeit with a Hindi accent, and my problem was quickly resolved.

My biggest complaint was the pain in my legs. On my walk, I found myself quietly groaning--a non-verbal complaint, I decided, so I started to sing. I sang two hymns, surprising myself by remembering several verses of each one.

Leg pain is just going to be part of my life for the time being, so I need to learn how to deal with it better.

Today I am grateful for:
1. Sun that came out, after a gray morning.
2. A truck coming to Chris in Thailand.
3. That I can attend church without fear of persecution.
4. That I can walk upstairs fairly easily.
5.  The beautiful view out my dining room window.

No comments:

Post a Comment